Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from Dr. Jennifer Trieu, Medical Director
Greater Roslindale Medical & Dental Center is working closely with our partners at Boston Medical Center and the Boston Public Health Commission to make sure we have the latest information on guidance, best practices and recommendations on matter of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Boston Public Health Commission recommendations in screening for potential cases of COVID-19 upon arrival to the center or calling to make appointments. We are confident the City of Boston will be ready for a safe and effective response as the situation develops.
In an effort to prevent the spread of any illness, GRMDC is working diligently to sanitize and clean appropriately and our nurses are well equipped to work with patients who may present with concerning symptoms. COVID -19 and the flu spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
The following are the most important actions residents can take at this time:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home, except for seeking medical care, when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Get a flu shot.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
New MassHealth Update (as of March 18, 2020)
GRMDC is committed to providing high-quality, safe patient care. We are deeply committed to the health and wellness of the Community and Staff and will continue to share new information with you.