What to Expect on Your First Visit
Welcome to Greater Roslindale Medical and Dental Center. We are grateful you have chosen us for your care and honored to be your community health center. The following information will help you prepare for your first appointment.
The first time you visit us at Greater Roslindale Medical and Dental Center you need to:
- Arrive 15 minutes early so that you can complete new patient paperwork
- Know any health conditions you have currently or have had in the past
- Know any major health conditions that your family (parents, siblings, grandparents) has currently or has had in the past
- Bring your health insurance card if you have one (you will need this card at every visit). If you do not have insurance, we will help you apply for it.
- Bring a list of any medications you are taking (or bring the medications themselves)
- Prepare any questions you want to ask about your health or our services
- The name and phone number of your pharmacy
During your first visit, we will:
- Help you fill out necessary forms or obtain necessary health records
- If you are seeing someone other than a primary care provider (PCP), we will help you choose a PCP at the health center
- Explain how to make appointments and get access to all of our services
- Make any appointments you need with other providers and/or with insurance services
By the end of your visit, you should know:
- The answers to most of your questions; if not, please ask! You can also schedule a follow-up visit, or check with registration to determine who can help answer many questions
- What your treatment plan is (i.e., medications, referrals, other services, follow-up visits)
- What medications you will be taking, how to take them, possible side-effects, and why you are taking them
- The date and time of any lab tests or follow-up appointment
To make a future appointment
Call our Health Center at 617-323-4440 to make an appointment. All patients must have an appointment to be seen at the Health Center.
If you need to cancel an appointment
Please call us at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot make your appointment. Remember, you must show up to your appointment at least 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time.
If you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment
Please call 24 hours in advance if you cannot keep your scheduled appointment so that we can offer that appointment to another patient.
Update your records
Please keep your records updated; tell us about changes in your address or telephone number.