We are proud to serve a diverse patient base that encompasses all cultures, ethnicities, races, ages, and genders.
Languages spoken at GRMDC include (but are not limited to):
- Haitian Creole
GRMDC does accept same-day appointments and new patient appointments but we are not an urgent care center.
The Center accepts most insurance plans.
Patient Centered Medical Home
As a patient at Greater Roslindale Medical and Dental Center, you have a medical home. This means your primary care team will provide and coordinate all of your health care needs.
Through your medical home, you will receive:
- personalized care, because your health care providers know you and your health history.
- help in navigating the health care system so you get the care you need when you need it—from us or other health care providers.
- care that is coordinated seamlessly between your doctor, specialists, and hospitals.
- better access to care through your medical home’s extended hours and 24-hour health care provider coverage.
- an expanded range of care supported by the latest knowledge and technology.
Your role as a patient in a medical home
As a patient in a medical home, you are the most important member of your healthcare team. We encourage you to play an active role on your team. Here are a few ways you can do that:
- Talk with your healthcare providers about your questions and concerns.
- Let your doctors know about all the medications you take—including over-the-counter medicines—so they can help prevent unwanted interactions.
- Call us before you go to an emergency room or a hospital for care. If this is not possible, please let us know as soon as you can.
- Communicate with the emergency room or a hospital for care, by telling them who your primary care provider (PCP) is and sharing information about the visit with your PCP.
- Take care of your health, and follow the self-care plan you and your healthcare team have worked out together.
Your health care team's role in your medical home
Your healthcare team at GRMDC will work with you in partnership to make decisions to manage your health. Team members are committed to:
- Providing you with a safe environment to talk about your private concerns.
- Answering your questions and concerns at each appointment, and helping you understand your health care needs.
- Coordinating your health care in the practice and with health care providers outside of the practice.
- Telling you about the services offered by the practice and community to support self-care and help you achieve self-management goals.
We Are Here When You Need Us
GRMDC offers extended office hours so that you can get the care you need when you need it. Please call (617) 323-4440 to reach your Medical Home Health Care Team for appointments, questions, referrals, or prescription refills.
If you are a patient in need of services after regular operating hours, please call us at 617-323-4440. You will be connected to an answering service who will contact the on-call provider. Providers are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.